All SEO companies and website owners know the importance of link Building and getting other websites to link to their websites.
Methods of getting links range from simply asking for a link from another website. Good luck with that method. Or you could search for dead links and ask the website owner to replace the dead link with a live link to your newly created content. You are likely to have more success with this method than asking out right for a link.
But, how about sponsoring an event or getting a link from the event organizers? This is just one of eleven tips you can try out to get more links to your website.
Here are the other ten novel tips:
2. Answer questions on Quora, Yahoo and other Q&A sites. Genuinely provide help to someone and leave a link to your post which hopefully has a more detailed answer to their question.
3. Include the url for your website as part of your Email Signature so people can easily link to you.
4. Few people want to develop a reputation as a trouble maker, but tactfully disagree in a forum by playing devil’s advocate could mean people pay greater attention to what you say. Leave your link, where applicable, in your forum post. If you made an impression you end up getting more visitors to your website.
5. Not a bribe. But if there is a cause or charity you support you could make a donation and request a link back to your website.
6. Get a link from a .gov site by visiting your local library, investigate if they will let you contribute to their pages. Do they have an online newsletter? Could you provide content? Use the opportunity to place a link back to your website. Even if the library isn’t .gov the library will still be regarded as an authorative site.
7. Find broken links on a competing website, write similar or even better content than what was offered by the broken link. Reach out to the webmaster of the competing website and and let them know you have content to replace that of the broken link. This video shows how easy it is do using ahrefs.
8. Your suppliers. Who do you do business with? Get them to add links to your website.
9. Create a short one or two minute video and post to youtube. You don’t even need a camera. Edit videos on youtube that have a creative commons licence to create a new video, and leave a link to your site.
10. Check out the video of someone prominent in your niche. If there isn’t a transcription uploaded do one and let the person know, they’ll appreciate you bothered to make the effort and likely reward you with a link back to your site.
11. You may have seen dozens of affiliate links for BuzzBundle. The software lets you track conversations in forums, Q & A sites, and social media sites like twitter, in real time. Participate in the conversations and leave a link. If you make valuable contributions you could get bucket loads of visitors to your site. If you don’t buy BuzzBundle you’re limited to viewing only 30% of conversations taking place. Even with this limitation you’re still in a brtter place than if you didn’t use BuzzBundle.